Another day, another dollar. Volume seven of our MLB Power Rankings is here!
- Los Angeles Dodgers 87-35 (No Change)
- Washington Nationals 74-48 (No Change)
- Boston Red Sox 71-52 (No Change)
- Houston Astros 76-48 (No Change)
- Cleveland Indians 68-54 (No Change)
- Chicago Cubs 66-57 (Up 3)
- New York Yankees 66-57 (Up 1)
- Colorado Rockies 68-56 (Down 1)
- Arizona Diamondbacks 67-57 (Down 3)
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 64-60 (Up 2)
- Milwaukee Brewers 65-60 (No Change)
- Minnesota Twins 63-59 (Up 1)
- St. Louis Cardinals 63-61 (Down 3)
- Kansas City Royals 62-61 (No Change)
- Seattle Mariners 63-62 (Up 3)
- Miami Marlins 60-62 (Up 4)
- Texas Rangers 61-62 (Up 4)
- Baltimore Orioles 60-64 (Down 2)
- Tampa Bay Rays 61-65 (Down 4)
- Pittsburgh Pirates 60-64 (Down 3)
- Toronto Blue Jays 59-65 (Down 2)
- Atlanta Braves 55-67 (Up 1)
- Oakland Athletics 54-70 (Up 1)
- San Diego Padres 55-69 (Up 2)
- Cincinnati Reds 53-72 (Up 2)
- New York Mets 54-68 (Down 4)
- Detroit Tigers 54-69 (Down 2)
- San Francisco Giants 50-76 (No Change)
- Chicago White Sox 47-74 (No Change)
- Philadelphia Phillies 45-77 (No Change)
At the top …
The top five teams stay exactly the same from last week. The Dodgers have no competition for best team in baseball as they are on a record pace. The Nationals are still looking very good even without Bryce. The Red Sox just won the series against the Yankees and they are starting to look like the team everyone expected them to be. The Astros played better baseball this week, but still need to keep up the consistency to move up. The Cleveland Indians are starting to come together as well. They are looking like the team that went to the World Series last year.
At the bottom …
The Phillies and White Sox are downright awful, as they are the only two teams in the MLB who have yet to reach the 50 wins mark. The Giants are just a tad in front of them as they only have 50 wins. They have been a huge disappointment this season. The Tigers and Mets are newbies at the bottom. The Mets are in the middle of a fire sale, while the Tigers look like they are ready to finish off selling what they have left.
Other notes …
The Rockies and Diamondbacks looked like they were locks as the two Wild Card teams. Well, I think it is time to hit the panic button. They only have a 2.5 game lead over the Brewers, while three other teams are within 7 games back. The Angels have moved into our top 10 as they have been playing very good baseball. I want Mike Trout in the playoffs so they need to keep this up to contend for a Wild Card spot in the AL.
I'm a washed up D3 college baseball player who is pursuing their MBA in Accounting. I love baseball, basketball, and football; while rooting for the New York Mets, New York Knicks, and New York Giants. Most of the time it is full of misery. I have recently found a passion for writing about sports. I have posted a few articles for Last Word on Sports and I have now created my own website (the-sportstalk.com). You can check out my articles there and also follow the twitter account @_thesportstalk.